1. There will be a Le Tigre live DVD coming out.
2. K8 Hardy directed a video for MEN’s “Off Our Backs.” (If you dig a little, you can listen to that song, and you would find that it rules.)
3. MEN will be selling a 3 track CD sampler on tour in Europe.
4. Sia is making JD a hat.
5. She will be providing some vocals for Punks Jump Up and trading remixes with Discotech.
6. JD likes to write in all caps: GOING ON TOUR AGAIN IS RAD. I WANT TO EAT A LOT OF SPAGHETTI AND DANCE A LOT AND SWEAT EVEN MORE AND HAVE PEOPLE BLEED A LITTLE BIT IN THE AUDIENCE FROM BUMPING HEADS. BUT THEN APOLOGIZING AND HUGGING. MISS YOU CAN’T WAIT.
UPDATE: For a quick minute, JD had a band called Hirsute. TPR has been eagerly awaiting something official, but as I just noticed on MEN’s myspace, Hirsute has been absorbed into MEN: The group began in 2007 as the DJ/production/remix team of LE TIGRE members JD Samson and Johanna Fateman. When the duo began to write new songs, it made sense to merge their efforts with JD’s other new project HIRSUTE. JD and Hirsute members Michael O’Neill (Princess, Ladybug Transistor) and Ginger Brooks Takahashi (LTTR, The Ballet) now comprise the core of MEN, with Johanna and artist Emily Roysdon contributing as writers, consultants, and producers.